Employees of Thunderbird Youth Academy are considered unclassified state employees. Current employees enjoy many benefits such as state holidays, family benefit allowance, flexible spending accounts (child care/medical), retirement system, SoonerSave state match and a state wellness program.
Thunderbird Youth Academy is a very rewarding place to work. Our employees take pride in helping at-risk youth work to turn their lives around.
To apply for a TYA opening:
Go to www.ok.gov and follow the below instructions to apply:
- Under More Links at bottom of page, select Employment
- Select Find State Jobs under Employment eServices on right hand side of screen (or click OKCAREERS now)
- Scroll down to the Unclassified Job section
- Search by agency (Military Dept) & county (Mayes)
- Find position & click apply
- Follow the online application process
Get your foot in the door --- volunteer as a mentor!Oklahoma Military Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified females and minorities to apply.
Temp Food Service Worker - Click for Job Announcement
OPEN: 13 August 2013
:CLOSES: Continuous posting or until filled
Platoon Sergeant (PSG) - Click for Job Announcement
OPEN: 13 August 2013
CLOSES: Continuous posting or until filled
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or GED; degree not required.
- Military background preferred, but not necessary.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain a CDL (commercial drivers license) within 90 days of employment.
- Work 40 hours per week as scheduled by Supervisor; positions are subject to shift rotation, evening, weekend and holiday work.
- Requires long periods of standing and walking indoors and outdoors throughout the day.
- Work in conditions of both high and low temperatures.
- Ability to climb stairs, run a mile, walk extended distances, do pushups, side straddle hops, sit ups & other physical training & fitness activities
- Ability to teach & perform physical training to cadets as outlined by the Presidents Challenge for Physical Fitness.
- Ability to drive or ride in a vehicle for extended distances.
Conditions of Employment:
- Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
- Contingent on a favorable background check, pre-employment drug & alcohol screening & favorable pre-employment physical
- Employee will be considered essential personnel (required to work during inclement weather)
- Available to work if called in due to an emergency
- Shift work & working weekends (facility open 24x7)
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Optain a CDL within 90 days of employment
- Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
Employment eligibility verified through E-Verify (Homeland Security).
Note: To view PDF files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Most computers will open these files automatically, but if not you can download Reader for free.
Contact the TYA Webmaster if you have trouble viewing these files.